Monday, January 25, 2010

My penis has fallen and it can't get up

Question:
Whenever I drink a lot I have trouble "getting it up" or it wont get up at all. Is this normal or should I go get this checked out?

Answer:
There is a fine line that you have to walk when drinking and having sexy time. A few drinks has been proven to loosen you up and allow you to relax. There was even a study done in Australia that showed that a few drinks actually will relax you and decrease anxiety as well as the possibility of not being able to get it up.

Why can't I get it up?
Erectile dysfunction is the inability to achieve or maintain an erection enough to be able to perform sexual activity. It is sometimes also called impotence.

Why does alcohol effect it
Think back to high school health class.... what does alcohol do? It is a depressant and it dilates blood vessels. Once you start boozing your system dilates blood vessels even those in the penis. If you are able to get it up when you are drunk you may not be able to keep it up for long. The blood vessels that are dilated to increase blood flow and give you an erection will stay dilated because of the booze and the blood will drain right back out and live you with a fallen soldier. Once this happens sex is probably not going to happen.

Should I go to the doc?
If it is happening only when you drink then I would say cut back on your drinking. Or if you want to drink don't expect to get it up. If this is occurring when you aren't drinking then I would consider how often it happens. If it is just a single incident the best thing to do is to shake it off. Most men will experience impotence at least a few time in their lives. If is starts happening regularly I would recommend talking to your doctor about it. No matter what your age is there are many successful treatment options if you are worried about getting it up.


2 comments:

  1. I've had the opposite effect. Where if I've been drinking it takes forever to finish and your partner is annoyed. Guess I am part Australian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best way to deal with this problem is to have ashwagandha, a naturally occurring herb found in Asian countries. It has no side effects.

    ReplyDelete